- Top 5 Online Nursing Program, according to US News & World Report
- Led by renowned experts who are shaping the field through research and application
- Online delivery provides flexibility and accessibility for busy professionals
- Growing industry sector that has a resounding need for highly-skilled professionals
Explore Our Program
Doctor of Nursing Practice
(DNP) Clinical Nurse Specialist - Online
The Online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Clinical Nurse Specialist program delivers an advanced, evidence-based education with a focus on improving patient care and outcomes. Students build expert competencies in clinical theory and nursing practice to improve the delivery of population-based care, manage resources while controlling costs, and educate others. Three CNS tracks are offered: DNP Adult Critical Care CNS, DNP Adult Health CNS and DNP Pediatric Critical Care CNS.
Graduates who earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Clinical Nurse Specialist degree from the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing:
- BECOME educators, administrators, case and outcomes managers, consultants, private practice leaders, and expert clinical nurses.
- LEAD and collaborate interdisciplinary healthcare teams including pharmacists, physical therapists, social workers, nurses, and doctors.
- GUIDE and support patients and their families while navigating the complex healthcare delivery system.
State-specific Information for Online Students
Students of the DNP Clinical Nurse Specialist program cannot currently conduct clinical activities in Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New York or Oregon. For
more information, please contact an admissions officer. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programsadditional state-specific information for online programs.